I am honored that I have been nominated by seriouslysav for a Shine On Award. When I began this blogging journey, I never expected to find so many writers out there who would want to read my work. I also never expected to be nominated for any type of award. I honestly started this blog as a way to work through my own thoughts, but I never realized that blogging would be so rewarding, not only for the release I feel with writing but also for the amazing words written by others that I am lucky enough to read every day. With that said, on to the requirements of the award.
Rules for Accepting the Award:
1. Display the award logo on your blog.
2. Link back to the person who nominated you.
3. State 7 things about yourself
4. Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award and link to them.
5. Notify those bloggers of the nomination and the award requirements.
15 Bloggers That Deserve the Shine On Award:
7 Things About Myself:
I don’t like this part because I like this blog to be slightly anonymous, but it is part of the award requirements so I’ll give it my best shot.
1) I am obsessed with books. I have an entire library in my office because I can’t bear to get rid of any of them.
2) I don’t consider myself a writer.
3) I am a high school English teacher, and I’m new at it. Teaching is the hardest thing I’ve ever done.
4) I want people to read my words and be affected. Whether or not you hate what I say, I want it to infect you, change you, or make you think.
5) I am almost 33, but I still feel like I’m 17.
6) I love Oregon, but I’ve always wanted to live somewhere else.
7) I used to want to be a famous singer, and I still sing in the shower, at karaoke, or for my students.
Well, that wasn’t so hard. Thanks again, seriouslysav, for the nomination, and I hope to continue reading all the awesomeness that all you bloggers out there have to offer.